Chris Hodge Commercials Limited is a family firm with an enviable reputation for supplying high-quality commercial trucks and trailers. Incorporated in 1982, CHC is well known throughout the road transport industry both in the UK and abroad. Yet despite having grown to become one of the largest independent user truck dealers in the county it remains very much a family-run and family-owned business, with real family values.
The Hodge family has been involved in transport throughout the 20th century – in fact since the days of horses and carts. Based in Greenwich, Allan and Julian Hodge (Chris’s father and brother) taking care of sales and operations. Today the business is run by Chris Hodge whose Grandfather Reg Hodge originally operated a series of transport companies in the 1940s, 50s and 60s from coal haulage and storage to passenger coach operations.
In 1992 the company moved to its current custom-built premises, and today has some 4,000 active customers ranging from single-vehicle owner-drivers to multi-national PLCs with all sizes and types of companies in-between! We supply vehicles throughout the world, and pride ourselves on being able to deliver the right truck for the job – whatever (and wherever) that job is, everytime.
So whatever your interest in the world of commercial vehicles – from buying and selling trucks and vans to haulage history or truck racing, we’re here to help you.
To find out how contact us or call 0845 3372864.
10 things you might not know about Chris Hodge Commercials.
- We love truck racing! The Chris Hodge Truck Racing Development team, sponsored by global diesel engine giant Caterpillar won the FIA European Supertruck Drivers’ Championship in 1997 and again in 2000, and the Constructors’ Championship in 2002.
- We’re passionate about trucks and especially their history. Together with photographs originally from Commercial Motor magazine we’ve created an unrivalled image bank called ‘Stilltime Collection’ which has one of the largest collections of historic truck and transportation photos in the world.
- We export to over 20 different countries throughout the world, not only supplying vehicle to regular haulage companies but also to aid organisations, charity concerns and World Bank-sponsored projects.
- We regularly modify standard vehicles to create unique ‘customer specials’ including horse boxes, mobile class-rooms, race support vehicles and outside catering units for the film and entertainment industry.
- We provide a full advisory service to companies on both vehicle procurement and disposal and have notable consultation client list which includes major blue chip companies.
- If you want your truck to be liveried then we can do it for you. From initial graphic design work, through sign-writing or decals right up to full vehicle painting and vinyl ‘wrapping’.
- Together we have more than 100 years experience in buying and selling used trucks and vans.
- We can supply a truck with ‘non-standard’ specialist bodywork whether it’s a furniture pantechnicon, skip loader or dedicated recycling vehicle.
- We check all ancillary equipment on our trucks including fridge’s, tail-lifts and cranes providing servicing and safety certification depending on customer requirements.
- We’re not just into trucks either! ‘Seactive’, a new venture into marine technology by CHC, has developed a highly innovative suspension system for the crewmembers of high-speed boats that significantly improves their comfort and safety. Seactive is currently working closely with MoD.